His Royal Highness Prince Khalid bin Sultan Abdullah Al-Faisal, Chairman of the Saudi Arabian Motor Federation (SAMF), underscored the great role of the General Sports Authority, represented by His Excellency the councilor Mr. Turki bin Abdulmohsen Al-Sheikh, and the Vice President His Royal Highness Prince Abdulaziz Turki Al-Faisal, in supporting the Saudi Arabian Motor Federation programs.
In his speech during the press conference held at the Conference Hall in King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Prince Khalid bin Sultan said that the Saudi Arabian Motor Federation has set out an ambitious plan to implement programs in line with the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 and life quality programs.
He added:” We are in a society dominated by youth by more than 65%, and they have a great passion for cars, and yet we still don’t have integrated and associated programs.”
HE the Chairman of the Saudi Arabian Motor Federation, as well, announced the development and launch of eight programs concentrated mainly on both social and tourism aspects to from the working core of the new Federation.
Prince Khalid bin Sultan also ascertained that SAMF will focus during the next period on the activation of social aspects and tourism, as chosen by a large section of society, meanwhile, SAMF will not cease supporting the sports side, saying that the new Federation is working hard to defeat the obstacles facing enthusiasts of Motorsport activities. The newly launched programs are:
- The development of a new motor modification system (for cars and motorcycles).
- The development of a system for the importation of limited edition sports vehicles.
- The development of a system that allows driving classic/vintage cars.
- The development of motorcycle driving system.
- Defining of crowds and gatherings.
- The development of a special car plate system for sport vehicles.
- The development of the Saudi Arabian Motor Federation program for safe driving.
- The Saudi Arabian Motor Federation decision to concentrate on the social and tourism aspects in the coming phase, as well as resolving of problems facing youths and Motorsport activities.
Meanwhile, Deputy of the President of Saudi Arabian Motor Federation, Abdullah bin Salem Bakhashab presented a detailed presentation of SAMF programs, local and international tournaments that will be hosted by the Kingdom in the coming few months. Bakhashab further confirmed that the coming Motorsport season includes five championships, including: Drift, Autocross, Karting, Sand Drag and Tatees, along with the pre scheduled tournaments including regional rallies. Bakhashab added that the Motorsport season starts on June 29 and lasts until the end of December 2018, in addition to hosting one round of IPP Formula E championship in Riyadh.
Deputy President of SAMF stressed the importance of the programs presented in broadening the base of sports talents and practitioners, as well as increasing of SAMF members, which come in line with the Kingdom Vision 2030 and contribute to achieving the sports objectives, and therefore give them full opportunity to develop their skills and participation in motorsport activities outside Saudi Arabia.