The Dubai Health Investment Guide, created under the leadership of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Minister of Finance and President of the Dubai Health Authority, is a key initiative of the Dubai Health Investment Strategy 2017-21.
Dubai leads the way for private sector participation in healthcare in the MENA region. The Private Sector healthcare providers in Dubai have contributed to developing a strong health ecosystem, they account for over 79% of the utilization for outpatient services, and over 74% of inpatient services. This is in line with the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. It is also within the directives of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of the Executive Council.
Increase in demand for quality health services due to Dubai’s rapid urban development, population growth and influx of medical tourists is one of biggest challenges facing the Dubai Health Authority.
“We have developed the Dubai Health Investment Guide 2018-25, with an aim to provide investors and private sector providers with comprehensive information that will provide them with insights on investment opportunities and clarity on the investment process and upcoming reforms, supporting their investment decisions and thus helping us address health system gaps and priorities over the coming years.” Dr Ibtesam Al Bastaki, Director, Investments & PPP’s, DHA.
The Guide aims at providing investors and private sector health facilities with information on investment priorities and gaps as well as mapping of the investor journey for health investments, key developments in the health sector and to highlight the drivers that underpin investment and growth in the health sector in Dubai.
“To meet the growing developments and private sector investment in the Dubai healthcare, the DHA is developing its regulatory standards to ensure the delivery of high medical standards that exceed expectations, and to provide the Emirate with skilled and highly qualified health professionals.” Dr Marwan Al Mulla, CEO, Health Regulations Sector, DHA.
Key Highlights of the Health Investment Guide:
- The Health Investment Guide lists the advantages of investing in Dubai and presents a snapshot of the health system in Dubai with key trends on patient volumes, growth health infrastructure and health spending
- Details the drivers underpinning the growth of healthcare demand in the Emirate of Dubai which includes the growing population, strong and diversified economy, stable and attractive investment climate, rising burden of disease and prevalence of chronic diseases, rise in health tourism among others
- Provides an overview of health regulations and the health insurance system which includes upcoming changes and initiatives relevant to investors
- Maps the investment journey for different types of facilities
- Highlights the investment needs and priorities for outpatient care units and acute inpatient beds for 2018, 2020 and 2025 based on comprehensive analysis of demand and supply projections across specialties for the Emirate of Dubai from the Dubai Clinical Services Capacity Plan 2018-2030
- Provides details on free zones in Dubai focused on supporting healthcare and life sciences and key initiatives by DHA to support health tourism in Dubai, and health innovation through Dubai Future Accelerators program